[Limdep Nlogit List] Count data based choice experiment

Bhubaneswor.Dhakal at scionresearch.com Bhubaneswor.Dhakal at scionresearch.com
Tue Aug 5 12:45:17 EST 2008

Dear

I doing a choice experimental method based study. First we asked
respondents number of visits s/he made in Whaka forest in the last year.
Providing option of nine types of forest profiles of one block’s
respondent, we asked that how many additional visits would s/he make for
each option in a year if the forest is managed according to your preference
. Similar we also asked same question on other two blocks? There are 5
attributes and 3 levels for each attribute. We derive the cost data
estimating from number of visit. This choice experimental survey gave us a
frequency of visit (count data) as a dependent variable. This data may not
be analysed using the multinomial logit tool. Could you please advise me
the method to analyse this data? If LIMDEP is useful, can you please advice
about coding?

Thank you.

regards
Bhubaneswor Dhakal (PhD)
Resource Economist
Forest & Environment/Trade and Economics Development Group
SCION-Next Generation Biomaterials
Te Papa Tipu Innovation Park - 49 Sala Street,
Pvt Bag 3020 Rotorua New Zealand
Phone 0064 7 3435747
Fax 0064 7 3435528