[Limdep Nlogit List] Murphy and Topel correction

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Tue Apr 15 06:12:09 EST 2008

Dear Francesca.
First, I'm not sure the "multinomial logit" model is what you
want for two binary variables. The MNL is for a single variable
that indicates which among two or more outcomes occur. You
might have two variables that connect via a bivariate probit
model, however. (There is no workable bivariate logit model.)
However, in either case, I'm afraid there is no built in routine
in LIMDEP for this case that extends the one in R10-44 to a
pair of endogenous variables.
Regards,
Bill Greene