[Limdep Nlogit List] Help for a Limdep neophyte

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Sun Sep 16 23:44:58 EST 2007

Mr. Edwards.  For the second logit model, you have to figure out what you
want to do with the other variables in the model - where to fix them - so
this applies to the first. If you want to plot it as a function of
BID, you should first find out what range to be plotting over. You might
do this:
BLOGIT ; LHS = YPAY ; RHS = one,bid $
CALC ; LowBid = Min(bid) ; HighBid = Max(bid) ; MedBid = Med(bid)
     ; b1 = b(1) ; b2 = b(2) $
SAMPLE ; 1 $
FPLOT ; labels = Bids
      ; Limits=LowBid,HighBid
      ; Start  = MedBid
      ; Plot (Bids)
      ; Pts = 200
      ; Fcn = 1/(1+exp(b1 - b2*bids)) $
SAMPLE ; All $
This will plot the function values for the values in the range of
bids.  That said, I took your word for it that that was the function you
wanted, but it doesn't look right to me.  You have the wrong sign on
b2 in there.
/Bill Greene