[Limdep Nlogit List] Re: Another selection qeustion-with censoredmodel

Martin Chun Qiu cqiu at ualberta.ca
Tue Oct 23 23:07:51 EST 2007

Thanks for those who responded.

Let me describe the sequence of the action. a decision maker has some factors v to consider the following DM problem.

Based on a subset of v, she decides to provide x or not (characterized by z).  If she does (z=1), she sets x (exogenously given), and then she decides the level of y (as a function of v, ) which should not exceed x (y=max(bv, x)).

If she does not provide x (z=0), then she still needs to decide the level of y, which is unbounded (y=bv).  In all cases, z and v are observed, x is only observed when z=1, and y is observed but with some censored quantities.

How to model this problem?

Warm regards,

Chun (Martin) Qiu
======= 2007-10-23 01:04:27 Your message=======