[Limdep Nlogit List] Another selection qeustion-with censored model

Fred Feinberg feinf at umich.edu
Tue Oct 23 15:03:35 EST 2007

Can you clarify? Forgetting about Z totally for the moment, it sounds like, in the second equation, you never observe both X and Y together, for any observations. That is, when X is "absent", you observe Y, but when X is "present", you don't observe Y. I'm not even sure how one would write a likelihood for that one
equation, even if its error term was uncorrelated with the model for Z. Was there a typo here?

FF