[Limdep Nlogit List] Cragg's Tobit

Song, Qingyi qsong at wharton.upenn.edu
Tue Oct 2 00:16:19 EST 2007

Hi,

I tried to run a Cragg's (1971) style tobit model for the dataset limdep1.xls using Limdep. When the the program proceeds to the truncated regression of the censored dependent variable, I got the following error message:

Error: 137: Iterations: function not computable at crnt. trial estimate
Error: 802: Cannot compute function at current values. Exit status=4.
Carrying this error message forward, the program returns the following error message when calculating the Chi square and p-value:
Error: 464: Error in or near X;
Error: 116: CALC - Unable to compute result. Check earlier message.
Error: 464: Error in or near LR,DF;
Error: 116: CALC - Unable to compute result. Check earlier message.
Could you please help me to fix this program so that the Cragg's Tobit can run smoothly? For your reference, I here attach the raw data file, the command document and the output file. Thanks a lot for your help!
Regards,
Qingyi (Freda) Song
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Insurance and Risk Management
The Wharton School
University of Pennsylvania
Email: qsong at wharton.upenn.edu