[Limdep Nlogit List] MNL: Quantities greater than one

wgreene at stern.nyu.edu wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Thu Jan 11 23:47:01 EST 2007

Dear Mr. Bau. I'm not persuaded that the MNL is the right model.
The model describes *IF* the consumer makes a choice, not how
many choices they make.  In principle, you can use "frequencies"
data, but this, once again, would be for how many times the consumer(s)
made the choice, not how many times a consumer made the choice.
Perhaps you should consider a model for counts.
Regards,
Bill Greene

Professor William Greene
Department of Economics