[Limdep Nlogit List] Bivariate Probit Selection for a Tobit model

Diana Fletschner fletschn at u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 31 10:05:17 EST 2007

Thank you, Bill. No wonder I couldn't find this anywhere. Do you have a
suggestion on an alternative model to fit for a problem in which I would
like to estimate:

y = b0 + b1 X  + b2H + b3W + u  where y has an upper limit of 1 (about 30%
of the sample is there) and

H = 1 if husband participated in the program and 0 otherwise
W=1 if wife participated in the program and 0 otherwise.

As you can guess, I am interested in b2 and b3.

A possibility is to use instrumental variables but I haven't found how to
adjust the covariance matrix given that I am instrumenting two variables.

Diana