[Limdep Nlogit List] Q: Weighting Discrete Choice Data

Koetse, M.J.J. (Mark) mkoetse at feweb.vu.nl
Thu Nov 2 03:00:47 EST 2006

Dear Matthew,

I too have had some problems with this. Solution in my case was simple
because I had defined my weighting variable in a wrong way.

Since every software package does it differently, check whether you have
defined the weighting variable correctly. This can be done by dividing
all variables, also the constant, by the weights and estimating the
model with the redefined variables by OLS. These are the correct results
and may differ from the results achieved by the WTS command.

Hope it helps, good luck.

Kind regards,
Mark Koetse