[GPlates-discuss] Issues with visualization

John Cannon john.cannon at sydney.edu.au
Sat Aug 24 15:06:22 AEST 2019

Hi Brandon,

The colouring is only at the crustal thickness points, so between the points there is no filling-in or interpolating. You’re probably finding that the points start to spread apart due to crustal extension, and hence become less densely spaced. One option is to specify a higher density when generating the initial crustal thickness points.

This tutorial by Christian Heine talks about colouring by property. His specific case involves colouring by absolute age, but you can substitute any Shapefile attribute.
  https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/heXMCL7rK8trgYn9hBghxj?domain=wiki.paleoearthlabs.org
  https://mailman.sydney.edu.au/pipermail/gplates-discuss/2017-January/000584.html

Regards,
John