[GPlates-discuss] Issues with visualization

Brandon Lutz lutz.brandon1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 05:12:04 AEST 2019

Greetings,

I have two main visualization issues with which I need assistance if
possible:

1) I have a topological network defined and crustal thickness points added
to visualize thinning factors during intra-plate extension. The crustal
thickness points are colored appropriately, but the reconstructed scalar
coverage is not filling with interpolated crustal thinning factor. Is there
some trick to make the area defined by the scalar coverage be filled with
the colors that indicate crustal thinning factor (e.g.)?

2) I have polygons within reconstructed plates that I would like to color
by property, but I can't seem to make this function work. I would like to
make my own colors for the polygon features as well. Is there a way to do
this in the GPLATES user interface or by creating a .cpt file? Is there
documentation on how to do this?

Thanks so much for your assistance. GPLATES is such a powerful tool, but I
am in need of some assistance to put the finishing touches on my model and
make animations for presentations.

Best regards,

Brandon

--
*Brandon Lutz*

PhD candidate, Geology

*New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology*

Lutz.brandon1 at gmail.com

513.473.6794 <(513)%20473-6794>