[GPlates-discuss] The velocity field extracted from Matthews 2016?

Nan Zhang nan.zhang at curtin.edu.au
Fri Mar 3 15:57:31 AEDT 2017

Hi all,

I am outputting the CitcomS velocity files from the GPlates. I used Matthews et al., 2016 data, following "Open feature collection"-->"Features, generate velocity domain points: citcoms (9x9)"-->"Reconstruction:export". However, the bvel.*.* files I got show none of velocity field.  I noticed that the velocity plotting after "Features, generate velocity domain points: citcoms" shows no velocity vectors as my first attached jpg file.

I tried a comparison with Muller et al., 2016 data. I can get the plotting of velocity vectors as well as good bvel.*.* files (attached 2nd jpg file). I wonder if I did not operate correct for the data of Matthews 2016, or it is problematic?

Thanks!
Nan Zhang