[Geodynamics] Fwd: Fwd: 10 OPEN PHD POSITIONS: DFG International Research Training Group "StRATEGy II"

Judith Sippel sippel at gfz-potsdam.de
Tue Jun 12 19:47:19 AEST 2018

Dear colleagues,

below you can find information on 10 PhD positions to be filled in
October 2018, focusing on very different fields of geosciences, all
under the umbrella of the graduate school "StRATEGy" coordinated by the
University of Potsdam.
We would be happy if you could forward this to potential candidates.
Many thanks!

Kind regards,
Judith
----

*
Public Job Advertisement*
*
*
Since October 2015, the DFG International Research Training Group
“Surface processes, Tectonics and Georecources in the Andean Foreland
Basin of Argentina” (StRATEGy) is established at the University of
Potsdam and runs in cooperation with the GFZ German Research Centre for
Geoscience and our Argentinian partner universities in Buenos Aires,
Salta, Jujuy, and Tucumán.

“StRATEGy” aims to conduct an interdisciplinary study of the
source-to-sink system of the Argentinian Andes. Our study addresses the
complex relationships between tectonics, climate, erosion, sediment
deposition, and the environmental conditions prone to the generation,
migration, and accumulation of hydrocarbon resources and metallogenesis.
The foreland and the transition to the Andean orogen interior is
characterized by ongoing, yet highly diachronous and spatially disparate
tectonism, in addition to pronounced contrasts in relief, rainfall, and
erosion. These characteristics make this region an outstanding natural
laboratory to study surface processes and their tectonic and climatic
forcing factors that impact sediment production and mass-transfer on
multiple spatiotemporal scales.

*10 Academic Staff Member*
*Req. No.: 258/2018*
*(PhD position, 75%, TV-L E13)*
*
*
For more details on the open projects you are willing to apply for,
follow the project links below, download the attached .pdf-file or
navigate through the “StRATEGy” webpage:

• *163 G 1.1* <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/s8EeCp8AJQtE7vKXuPi764?domain=irtg-strategy.de> (Atmospheric Modelling)
• *163 G 1.3* <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/vHxCCq7BKYt6VzlmCXH9S7?domain=irtg-strategy.de> (Paleoclimatology)
• *163 G 1.4* <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/F_7zCr8DLRt3W1oLF4Vvp7?domain=irtg-strategy.de> (Geomorphology,
Geochemistry)
• *163 G 2.3* <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/VREfCvl0PoC0R2KMuAwqKi?domain=irtg-strategy.de> (Structural Geology,
Thermochronology)
• *163 G 3.1* <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/b47rCwVLQmiZ2A9Yu1Ym2D?domain=irtg-strategy.de> (Basin Analysis,
Sedimentology)
• *163 G 3.2* <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/uyNJCxnMRvtqz9wrFWeaoj?domain=irtg-strategy.de> (Geodynamic Modelling)
• *163 G 3.3* <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/AzduCyoNVrcmp0k9uPtSAs?domain=irtg-strategy.de> (Basin Modelling)
• *163 G 3.4* <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/cyhMCzvOWKiN7x9JiMAyGT?domain=irtg-strategy.de> (Sedimentology)
• *163 G 4.1* <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Rue_CANZvPiJ8n27hB5Dq0?domain=irtg-strategy.de> (Petrology,
Geochemistry)
• *163 G 4.2* <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/qc2UCBNZwLiJyMBEhQDBAm?domain=irtg-strategy.de> (Petrology,
Geochemistry)

The position is for 30 hours of work per week (75 %). The salary is
determined by the collective bargaining agreement for public employees
in Germany (TV-L 13 Ost). This is a temporary position limited to a term
of 3 years in accordance with Section 2 Para 1 of the Academic
Fixed-Term Contract Law (WissZeitVG).

Handicapped applicants will be given preference in case of equal
suitability. The “StRATEGy” consortium strives to increase the
proportion of women in research and specifically encourages females to
apply for this position.

Applications should include the following components: CV, letter of
motivation, research interests (specific interests and research plan for
PhD project), a record of academic degrees, including a transcript of
records and two letters of recommendation. Because the members of the
PhD program will spend 6 months at our partnering universities in
Argentina, Spanish language skills are advantageous.

Applications should be sent in a single PDF file to Dr. Henry Wichura
(*wichura at geo.uni-potsdam.de* <mailto:wichura at geo.uni-potsdam.de>). *The
deadline is July 31, 2018*.