[Geodynamics] AGU session “East Asia tectonic and geodynamic history since the Mesozoic”

Lorenzo Colli colli at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Sun Jul 22 03:49:39 AEST 2018

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to submit an abstract to our AGU session “East Asia
tectonic and geodynamic history since the Mesozoic” for the upcoming
AGU2018 Fall meeting in Washington D.C., December 10-14, 2018:

Session description:
It has been challenging to constrain the plate tectonic history of NE
Asia, SE Asia, and the SW Pacific since the Mesozoic due to its
relative isolation from the global plate circuit, intra-continental
deformation, and extensive subduction. Recently debated topics include:
the regional subduction and collision history; the lithospheric nature
of the region; the origin of displaced continental fragments and
ophiolites; intra-continental volcanism and rifting; the initiation and
evolution of marginal seas and their driving forces; mantle imaging and
plate tectonic implications; dynamic topography; and, the
plate-tectonic history of the western Pacific, paleo-Pacific and
western Panthalassa. We invite contributions of new observational
constraints and novel syntheses on any aspect of the Mesozoic to
present-day tectonic history of Asia and Oceania from geology,
geophysics, geochemistry, seismology, stratigraphy, paleomagnetism,
geochronology and related fields. We also welcome geodynamic models
using constraints from these regions, or tectonic comparisons of other
regions to East Asia.

Convenors
Jonny Wu, University of Houston, USA
Kenichiro Tani, National Museum of Nature and Science, Ibaraki, Japan
Lorenzo Colli, University of Houston, USA
Jinwei Gao, Institute of Deep-sea Science and Engineering, Chinese
Academy of Sciences, Sanya, China

Confirmed invited speakers
Dr.Ryuta Arai, JAMSTEC
Dr.Chunfeng Li, Ocean College, Zhejiang University

Session link:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/kCXACYWL1viGMyEMU0Ja7y?domain=agu.confex.com

Regards,

Lorenzo Colli, on behalf of all convenors