[Geodynamics] Sydney Fellowships, University of Sydney

Maria Seton maria.seton at sydney.edu.au
Tue Jul 3 07:44:15 AEST 2018

Hi everyone,

The Sydney Fellowships scheme based at the University of Sydney, Australia is opening again in a week’s time (9th July) https://sydney.edu.au/research/research-funding/research-fellowships/university-of-sydney-fellowship-scheme.html<https://intranet.sydney.edu.au/news/all/2018/06/29/applications-for-2019-university-of-sydney-fellowships.html>

This is a very competitive scheme for outstanding postdoctoral researchers to conduct innovative, multidisciplinary work at the University of Sydney, and involves working with one of the University’s 10 whole-of-university multidisciplinary initiatives https://sydney.edu.au/research/centres.html. The School of Geosciences has a very good record of success, with three Sydney Fellows joining the School from the 2017 round, and we are encouraging suitable applicants to consider joining us through this scheme in 2019.

A total of 10 three-year fellowships will be awarded for 2019. Recipients will receive a $98,940 per annum base salary, up to 17 percent superannuation (pension fund), a $25,000 research grant, four weeks annual leave per year (plus generous leave loading) and return airfares to relocate to Sydney (plus you get to live and work in beautiful Sydney!). A $30,000 bonus grant will also be awarded if fellows receive an external fellowship in the first two years of their fellowship. All values in Australian dollars.

The School of Geosciences is seeking to further develop its strong research capabilities and to foster the careers of emerging academics. If you are interested in this scheme, please contact me via email or contact one of our academics http://sydney.edu.au/science/geosciences/about/people/list.php if you have an established working relationship with them.

Kind regards,
Maria

DR MARIA SETON | ARC Future Fellow
EarthByte Group | School of Geosciences | Faculty of Science
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 400, Madsen Building F09 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9351 4255  | F +61 2 9351 2442
E maria.seton at sydney.edu.au<mailto:maria.seton at sydney.edu.au>  | W http://sydney.edu.au/science/people/maria.seton.php
CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.
Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.