[Geodynamics] 2017 Australasian University Geoscience Educators Network (AUGEN) conference

Sabin Zahirovic sabin.zahirovic at sydney.edu.au
Mon Jun 19 21:59:08 AEST 2017

Dear friends and colleagues,

The 2017 Australasian University Geoscience Educators Network (AUGEN) conference will be held at the School of Geosciences, University of Sydney, on 4-5 August 2017 (Saturday and Sunday). Registration is free, and we encourage as many of you to attend and support this event. The conference will be a great opportunity to discuss new approaches in geoscience education across all levels (including primary/high school, TAFE, university, etc.). The sponsors have been very generous in supporting the event (including the School of Geosciences and Faculty of Science for hosting the event), so we hope that there will be a large number of attendees.

The abstracts are due by 7 July, and registration closes on 21 July. I attach the second circular, as well as the abstract template. Abstract are to be e-mailed to Kelsie Dadd (kelsie.dadd at sydney.edu.au<mailto:kelsie.dadd at sydney.edu.au>) as Word documents, and you can register through this Eventbrite link<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/2017-augen-conference-tickets-29916807978>.

I will post updates and the latest information on the official AUGEN2017 page: https://www.earthbyte.org/augen-2017/

I have tried to contact one person from each university (but have inevitably missed some), so please forward this information onto your colleagues – thanks in advance! We look forward to seeing many (and hopefully ALL) of you in early August! Apologies for cross-posting.

Regards,
Sabin Zahirovic

On behalf of the AUGEN 2017 organisers:
Dr Kelsie Dadd (kelsie.dadd at sydney.edu.au<mailto:kelsie.dadd at sydney.edu.au>)
A/Prof Nathan Daczko (nathan.daczko at mq.edu.au<mailto:nathan.daczko at mq.edu.au>)
Dr Samantha Clarke (samantha.clarke at sydney.edu.au<mailto:samantha.clarke at sydney.edu.au>)
Dr Sabin Zahirovic (sabin.zahirovic at sydney.edu.au<mailto:sabin.zahirovic at sydney.edu.au>)

AUGEN Sponsors: School of Geosciences<http://www.geosci.usyd.edu.au/index.shtml>/Faculty of Science<http://sydney.edu.au/science/index.shtml> – The University of Sydney<http://sydney.edu.au/>, Geological Society of Australia (NSW Branch)<https://www.gsa.org.au/Public/Divisions/New_South_Wales/Public/Divisions/New_South_Wales.aspx>, AusIMM<http://www.ausimm.com.au/>, Australian Geoscience Council<http://www.agc.org.au/>, NSW Geological Survey<http://www.resourcesandenergy.nsw.gov.au/miners-and-explorers/geoscience-information/about/geological-survey-of-nsw>, and the Australian Geoscience Information Association<http://agia.org.au/>.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2E93D.27163790]

PS: Most of you are being contacted via the mailing lists. However, I am directly BCC-ing some of our high school colleagues that attended our workshop last year.

--
DR SABIN ZAHIROVIC | Postdoctoral Research Associate
School of Geosciences | Faculty of Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 403, Madsen Building F09 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
M +61 416 775 589 P +61 2 9351 3625
E sabin.zahirovic at sydney.edu.au<mailto:sabin.zahirovic at sydney.edu.au> | W http://www.earthbyte.org<http://www.earthbyte.org/> | R http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sabin_Zahirovic
F https://www.facebook.com/earthbyte | T https://twitter.com/EarthByteGroup

Most recent publications:

Zahirovic, S., Matthews, K.J., Flament, N., Müller, R.D., Hill, K.C., Seton, M. and Gurnis, M., (2016), Tectonic evolution and deep mantle structure of the eastern Tethys since the latest Jurassic, Earth Science Reviews<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0012825216302872>, doi: 10.1016/j.earscirev.2016.09.005.

Zahirovic, S., N. Flament, R. D. Müller, M. Seton, and M. Gurnis (2016), Large fluctuations of shallow seas in low-lying Southeast Asia driven by mantle flow, Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/306088667_Large_fluctuations_of_shallow_seas_in_low-lying_Southeast_Asia_driven_by_mantle_flow>, doi: 10.1002/2016GC006434.

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.