[Geodynamics] Fw: DRT 2017 - 21st International Conference on Deformation Mechanisms, Rheology and Tectonics - Ullapool, Scotland

Stephenson, Randell A r.stephenson at abdn.ac.uk
Sat Mar 12 03:45:54 AEDT 2016

Dear all,

The 21st International Conference on Deformation mechanisms, Rheology and Tectonics  (DRT 2017) will be held in Ullapool, Scotland, U.K., 3-6 May 2017. This edition will be organised by the University of Aberdeen.

We will keep the tradition of DRT focusing on the study of the deformation behaviour and rheology of minerals, rocks and materials, and tectonics. At the same time, we would like to emphasize discussions on the geophysical expression of deformation processes, and will include a component of applied structural geology.

A one day mid-conference field excursion will take place on 4th May, to visit some classic locations for structural geology in the NW Highlands Geopark and to promote discussions. Additionally, a series of optional pre-conference excursions will run between 30 April and 2 May. We plan to offer fieldtrips to the Outer Hebrides and a Geotransect in Wester Ross.

A first circular with more information and key dates will be distributed soon.

Please keep an eye out on the conference website for further updates:
http://abdn.ac.uk/events/drt2017

We hope to see you next year in Ullapool,

The organising committee (Enrique Gomez-Rivas, Rob Butler, Dave Healy, Clare Bond, Ian Alsop, David Iacopini, Hannah Watkins, Dave Cornwell and Randell Stephenson)

Enrique Gomez-Rivas
Lecturer in Geology and Petroleum Geology
School of Geosciences, University of Aberdeen
Phone: +44 (0)1224 273915
e-mail: e.gomez-rivas at abdn.ac.uk<mailto:e.gomez-rivas at abdn.ac.uk>

Personal website<http://gomez-rivas.info>
Staff webpage<http://www.abdn.ac.uk/geosciences/people/profiles/e.gomez-rivas>

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.