[ASA] [ASA2024] Last chance to join ASA2024! Registration deadline *today*

Moss, Vanessa (S&A, Marsfield) Vanessa.Moss at csiro.au
Wed Jun 19 13:01:12 AEST 2024

Hi all!

This is a reminder that registrations for ASA2024 will close *today*. We won’t be extending the registration deadline - so please ensure you register by the end of today if you are keen to join us! So this will also be the final ASA2024 advertisement sent to this mailing list, and from here on we will just communicate about the meeting with registered attendees.

You can register here: https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/Lc8mCk81N9tYLYDvAC2-aMK?domain=icrar.org

The ASM is shaping up to be a great meeting with over 250 registrants so far and an exciting selection of presentations including over 100 sparklers, over 40 talks, 10 reviews and a whole section of Hub Day dedicated to prize talks, as well as 5 ASA Chapter meetings, 3 Town Halls, and a number of special themed timezone sessions. Hub Day across several Australian hubs is looking to be a fruitful celebration of local connections - big thank you to our hub leads across the country for their work in putting these days together.

To augment the online experience, our collaborators at TFOM have worked hard to build an awesome immersive space in Spatial too, and we’re looking forward to showing it off shortly! In this space, you’ll be able to meet other attendees, watch sessions, view posters/online content and also meet with our invited exhibitors and community groups during scheduled slots in the program. There’s also the Harley Wood Lecture, which will be themed on “The Power of Prediction” and delivered by David Blair in Perth (with online access for ASA2024 attendees).

As previously communicated, this is also an ASA meeting where within the NOC and SOC we have adopted an experimental approach to the design and execution where possible, framing our choices especially around building effective experiences for the distributed community. We are aware some parts of the community have skepticism about online meetings due to previous bad experiences, but we hope at least some of the most-skeptical have taken the opportunity to try this format we have put together, so that we can incorporate your experientially-based feedback in assessing this meeting and our recommendations for future meetings.

For those who have already chosen to join us, as presenters and attendees and exhibitors, thank you!! We sincerely hope that you enjoy the meeting next week and we’re looking forward to sharing more details about what to expect in the coming days.

As before, you may get in touch with any questions preferably via the #asm-help channel in the ASA Slack: https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/hwzqClx1NjiO9OWlmS9eKW_?domain=app.slack.com (or via email)

Thanks
Vanessa
On behalf of the NOC