[ASA] Australasian Society for General Relativity and Gravitation (ASGRG) conference, 2-3 Sep 2024, Canberra

Yeshe Fenner yeshefenner at swin.edu.au
Wed May 22 15:14:20 AEST 2024

Hi ASA members,

Please see below for the announcement of an Australasian Society for General Relativity and Gravitation (ASGRG) conference being organised at ANU in September. Please register if you're interested in attending and/or giving a talk. A flyer for the conference is also attached.
=====
30 Years of Gravity Research in Australasia: Past Reflections and Future Ambitions
In September 1994, a group of mathematicians and physicists founded the Australasian Society for General Relativity and Gravitation (ASGRG) at a meeting in Canberra, Australia. This year, we are celebrating the 30-year anniversary of ASGRG with a 2-day conference, on Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd September, 2024. The conference will be hosted by the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.
The conference will have 2 themes. In Past Reflections, we will look back over the last 30 years, and how Australasia has contributed to research in general relativity and gravitation. In Future Ambitions, we will look forward to the next 30 years, and opportunities for continued success in general relativity and gravitational research in Australasia. Interested participants are welcome to submit proposals for a talk on either or both of these themes.
The conference is open to everyone, and we welcome participation from both members and non-members of ASGRG. (We encourage anyone interested in general relativity and gravitational research in Australasia to join ASGRG at https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/Lpl0CQnMBZfB3PvZAUxPbkM?domain=asgrg.org.)
There is no registration fee for the event. Lunch and morning/afternoon tea will be provided to registered participants. A conference dinner will be organised for the Monday evening, which participants will need to pay for themselves.
Please register for the conference at the following link: https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/CCC-CROND2unRW4ZmtNwIPt?domain=asgrg.org. Registration will close on 15th July, 2024.
We look forward to celebrating ASGRG’s 30th anniversary with you in Canberra!
Contact: 30years at asgrg.org<mailto:30years at asgrg.org>
Program Organising Committee: Malcolm Anderson (Universiti Brunei Darussalam), Carl Blair (University of Western Australia), Krzysztof Bolejko (University of Tasmania), Jörg Frauendiener (University of Otago), Susan Scott (Australian National University), Chris Stevens (University of Canterbury), Karl Wette (Australian National University).
Local Organising Committee: Sareh Rajabi, Susan Scott, Karl Wette.

Kind regards,
Yeshe

Dr Yeshe Fenner, PhD | Chief Operating Officer

ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery (OzGrav)
Swinburne University of Technology
(Mail H74) PO Box 218 Hawthorn Vic 3122
Ph +61 3 9214 8302 | Mobile: 0430 708 995

[cid:4f220b32-677d-41dc-895a-12527dd5b0e0]

I acknowledge and pay respect to the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which Swinburne Campuses are located.  I also acknowledge all Aboriginal and Torres Strait nations across Australia, their Elders, Ancestors, cultures and heritage.