[ASA] Decadal Plan WG2.3 Data and Computing town halls

Huynh, Minh (S&A, Kensington WA) Minh.Huynh at csiro.au
Wed May 1 11:19:40 AEST 2024

Dear all,

As many of you are aware, activities for the next Astronomy Decadal Plan 2026-2035 are well underway.

Working Group 2.3 on Data and Computing are planning to hold a combination of in-person and virtual only (not hybrid) townhalls.

The aim of these townhalls is to facilitate discussion in the community around HPC, Data, Software, AI/ML and Careers in data/computing. The WG are producing short papers on these topics which we will present at these town halls. More details will be made available closer to the date, but please put these times in your calendar:

  *   Perth, 16 May @ 1 p.m. local time (ARCC CSIRO Kensington, lecture theatre)
  *   Melbourne, 20 May @ 2 p.m. local time (Swinburne, VR theatre)
  *   Sydney, 23 May @ 11 a.m. local time (CSIRO Marsfield lecture theatre)
  *   Virtual, 24 May @ noon Perth time, 2 p.m. Sydney time – link to be distributed. (sorry this is lunch Perth/Adelaide time, but one can participate with video off)

We hope to see you at one of these (up to) 90 min sessions.

Best regards,
Minh and Chris Power, co-chairs WG 2.3 Data and Computing.

--
Dr Minh Huynh (she/her)
ATNF Science Group Leader