[ASA] Updates from the ASA IDEA Chapter.

Devika Kamath devika.kamath at mq.edu.au
Fri Oct 28 11:47:01 AEDT 2022

Dear Everyone,

I am writing on behalf of the ASA IDEA Chapter Steering Committe.

IDEA CHAPTER STEERING COMMITTEE
Over the last few months, the ASA IDEA Chapter Steering Committe has gone through some changes.

Katie Jameson (Previous Chair of ASA IDEA Chapter) has embarked on a new and exciting journey as Project Manager for DSA-2000 at Caltech's Owens Valley Radio Observatory!  I would like to thank Katie for her fantastic leadership and contributions to the ASA community.

I will be taking over from Katie as Chair, and I hope to serve the ASA Community to my very best capacity.

I would also like to welcome our new Deputy Chair - Kate Callaghan (CSIRO), as well as our new general members - Ashley Ruiter (UNSW, Canberra)  and Michael Cowley (Queensland University of Technology).

The current ASA IDEA Chapter Steering Committee includes:
Devika Kamath (Macquarie University) - Chair
Kate Callaghan (CSIRO) - Deputy Chair
Michael Brown (Monash University) - ASA Council Member
Kateryna Andrych (Macquarie University) - Student Member
Ashley Ruiter (UNSW, Canberra) - General Member
Dan Zucker (Macquarie University) - General Member
Michael Cowley (Queensland University of Technology) - General Member

2022 PLEIADES AWARDS
The Call (as well as new timelines) for the 2022 Pleiades Awards will be advertised through the ASA Exploder on 31st Oct 2022. Relevant information will also appear on the ASA IDEA Chapter Website
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/K1NNCk81N9tn815g7u2erRk?domain=asa-idea.org

Further updates on the current and planned IDEA Chapter activities will soon follow.

Finally, I would like to thank all of you for engaging with the ASA IDEA Chapter. Our goal is to achieve an environment in all institutions associated with Australian astronomy that is welcoming and supportive of all academic staff, professional staff and students, regardless of gender and sexual identity, ethnic and cultural background, disability, age, family/carer responsibilities, political affiliation, and religious belief.

Please feel free to contact the ASA IDEA chapter with any questions, concerns, comments and suggestions.
Email: asa.ideastronomy at gmail.com

Kind regards,
Devika
On Behalf of the ASA IDEA Chapter Steering Committee

--

Dr. Devika Kamath

ARC DECRA Fellow

Senior Lecturer in Astronomy and Astrophysics

Macquarie University

Ph: +61-2-9850-8978