[ASA] New Chair appointed to Australia Telescope National Facility Steering Committee

Bock, Douglas (S&A, Marsfield) Douglas.Bock at csiro.au
Fri Jun 24 15:24:29 AEST 2022

Dear Colleagues

I’m pleased to share that Professor Tara Murphy has been appointed Chair of the ATNF Steering Committee for the next three years.

Tara is a leader in our astronomy community with rich experience using the instruments that make up the ATNF. I look forward to working with Tara and the Steering Committee as we support our partners to establish the SKA-Low telescope in Australia and contribute to the next decadal plan for Australian astronomy.

Tara succeeds Dr David Skellern AO, who served on the Steering Committee for five years, three of those as Chair. David brought both academic rigour and deep business insights to the role, and it’s been a privilege to work with him.

Further information on the announcement is available at the ATNF News page<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/QBEeCNLJyQUNoNAOytmhuSS?domain=atnf.csiro.au>

Best regards
Douglas

Dr Douglas Bock FTSE
Director
Astronomy and Space Science   |  CSIRO

douglas.bock at csiro.au<mailto:douglas.bock at csiro.au>  |  +61 2 9372 4300  |  +61 457 552 777 (m)
Cnr Vimiera & Pembroke Roads, Marsfield NSW 2122
PO Box 76, Epping NSW 1710

CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and we pay our respects to their Elders past and present.

CSIRO Australia’s National Science Agency  |  csiro.au