[ASA] Reminder - EPOC Steering Committee Nominations

Jackie Bondell jbondell at swin.edu.au
Wed May 18 13:20:51 AEST 2022

Dear Colleagues-

Thanks to those that have submitted applications for be part of the ASA Education and Public Outreach Committee. Nominations close on Friday 20th May. If you are interested in nominating, please refer to the original email below.

Dear Colleagues -

This is a call for nominations for the ASA Education and Public Outreach Steering Committee. We are looking to bring some new voices to the committee to create new opportunities for the membership after a couple of quiet outreach years in 2020 and 2021. We especially encourage students and ECRs to self-nominate.

Nominate via email to jbondell at swin.edu.au or use this form<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Y6U0CgZ0N1ilw5N06uNkTdD?domain=forms.gle>. Nominations will be open until 20 May 2022.

As a member of the EPOC Committee, you can help lead upcoming programs such as events around the 2023 total solar eclipse, the next face-to-face EPOC workshop, and possible amateur-professional astronomer collaborations.

Cheers,
Jackie

Jackie Bondell (she/her) | Education and Public Outreach Coordinator
ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery (OzGrav)

ARC Centre of Excellence for Dark Matter Particle Physics

Chair, Astronomical Society of Australia EPOC Steering Committee

National Astronomy Education Coordinator to the IAU OAE
Swinburne University of Technology
(H74) PO Box 218 Hawthorn Vic 3122

Office: (+61) 392 148 351

Mobile: 0411 845 521

[cid:b1e20945-7317-4579-af8c-18faafc166b3]    [cid:597889c6-30c9-4e53-b296-15e63d9c3997]

(CRICOS Provider 00111D)

I acknowledge and pay respect to the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which Swinburne Campuses are located.  I also acknowledge all Aboriginal and Torres Strait nations across Australia, their Elders, Ancestors, cultures and heritage.