[ASA] Communicating Astronomy with the Public (CAP) Conference 2022: Abstracts Closing Soon!

Richard de Grijs richard.de-grijs at mq.edu.au
Wed May 11 06:08:55 AEST 2022

** Please note, /*abstract submission closes on 14 May 2022*/ **

Dear colleague,

The SOC of the Communicating Astronomy with the Public (CAP) Conference
2022 is pleased to announce that pre-registration and abstract and grant
applications are still open. (Note that pre-registration must be
completed first in order to submit abstracts and grant applications.)
*CAP2022* will be organized from *September 12-16 2022* at Macquarie
University in Sydney, Australia. Catering to all travel and mobility
concerns and needs from our community, the conference will be organized
as a *hybrid event, both face-to-face and online*. In-person
participants will be able to book a post-conference tour to visit some
of the world-class astronomy facilities in Australia, participate
in Macquarie University's annual Astronomy Open Night, and enroll in a
pre-conference training workshop.
Under the central theme of “Communicating Astronomy for a Better World”,
the SOC invites proposals for oral presentations, posters, workshops and
panel discussions to be submitted online by 14 May 2022. A few grants
and/or registration fee waivers are available.
*Deadline for abstracts and grants: 14 May 2022*
*Contact: *cap2022 at oao.iau.org

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/5EeZCP7LAXf43yL9rczlC1m?domain=capconferences.org
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/5EeZCP7LAXf43yL9rczlC1m?domain=capconferences.org/>*
*

We particularly encourage ASA members and other Australian colleagues to
register and take advantage of this opportunity on home soil. Australian
pre-registration remains rather low at this point. We are expecting well
over 200 participants, split between online and in person attendance.

Best regards,
Richard de Grijs
(President, IAU Division C; CAP2022 LOC chair)