[ASA] ESO Users survey - please complete by March 23

Sarah Sweet sarah at sarahsweet.com.au
Wed Mar 9 16:56:03 AEDT 2022

Dear Australian Astronomers,

The Users Committee (UC) represents ESO’s astronomical community forming a direct link between the users and ESO. The User Committee acts as an advisory body to the ESO Director General on matters related to the performance, scientific access, operation, and user interfaces to the La Silla Paranal Observatory and ALMA.

On an annual basis we ask users for feedback through our User Committee Poll. In this year’s poll there is a special focus on “La Silla Paranal Observatory visitor mode and remote participation in observations”. I encourage you to submit feedback on your interactions with ESO, and in particular your experiences and expectations for these modes of observing.

The poll can be found at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/xdt1Cq71mwf8EZpEksZSD4z?domain=eso.org <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/xdt1Cq71mwf8EZpEksZSD4z?domain=eso.org> and is open until Wednesday March 23, 2022.

It is an anonymous survey, and the answers will be only seen by the UC members, who will use them as input for discussions during the annual meeting of the UC and ESO scheduled at the end of April.

During the UC meeting updates from ESO and feedback from the user community are exchanged and openly discussed. The meeting webpage at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/k1DcCr81nyt8kE5knsz4EKX?domain=eso.org <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/k1DcCr81nyt8kE5knsz4EKX?domain=eso.org> includes a record of the last meeting with recommendations that will be discussed.

Thank you very much for your participation. Please additionally feel free to get in touch directly with anything you wish to bring to ESO’s attention.

Regards,

Sarah
- your ESO Users Committee representative

---

Dr Sarah Sweet
Lecturer in Astrophysics
ARC DECRA Fellow