[ASA] New IAU Prizes in Astronomy Education, Outreach and Development

Hollow, Robert (S&A, Marsfield) Robert.Hollow at csiro.au
Thu Feb 17 08:11:59 AEDT 2022

Dear Colleagues

The IAU has launched three new prizes to be awarded every three years at the General Assembly: the IAU Astronomy Education Prize, the IAU Astronomy Outreach Prize and the IAU Astronomy Development Prize.

The prizes are open to individuals and organisations who have made outstanding contributions to astronomy education, outreach or development. These contributions may be either lifetime achievements or major one-off projects.

Nominations are open from 15 February 2022 until 15 March 2022 for the first round of prizes, which will be presented at the IAU XXXI General Assembly in Busan, South Korea, in August 2022.

Details and how to apply at: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/pOBpC6XQ4LfrK4QDRIpDdmM?domain=iau.org

Regards

Robert

Robert Hollow (he/him)
Education Manager
Student Coordinator
Space & Astronomy |  CSIRO

National Astronomy Education Coordinator for IAU OAE
Committee Member of IAU Commission C1 Astronomy Education and Development

E robert.hollow at csiro.au<mailto:robert.hollow at csiro.au>
T +61 2 9372 4247
M 0412 890 472

PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710 Australia

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/7RU1C71R2NTAkB3qrCWhYvA?domain=csiro.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/VZ4VC81V0PT6RynrmC2Vyzi?domain=csiro.au> | https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/eIdiC91WPRTkBwo1JCOFsco?domain=atnf.csiro.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/CGgxC0YKPviG3A68nUOOUmW?domain=atnf.csiro.au>

CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and we pay our respects to their Elders past and present.

Please note, if I send you an email outside reasonable work hours I’m doing so because it’s convenient for me. In the spirit of encouraging work life balance I look forward to a response if appropriate at a time that suits you.

CSIRO Australia’s National Science Agency  |  csiro.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/kUhICgZ0N1iA2zVkvC7IRGV?domain=csiro.au>