[ASA] SKA-Low leadership roles - close 30 Jan

Pearce, Sarah Sarah.Pearce at skao.int
Mon Jan 24 11:30:23 AEDT 2022

Come work with us as we build, commission and operate the SKA-Low Telescope in Australia

Hi everyone,

The SKA Observatory and CSIRO are recruiting three West Australian-based leadership positions for the SKA-Low Telescope. Applications close on 30 Jan.

More than a dozen partner countries and over a thousand scientists and engineers around the world are already part of the international SKA collaboration: this is a unique opportunity to join a next-generation radio telescope in the early part of its journey. In Australia, SKAO is collaborating with CSIRO to operate the SKA-Low Telescope, which will be built at CSIRO’s Murchison Radio-astronomy Observatory. SKAO and CSIRO employees will work together to support construction and telescope operations.

Current opportunities
SKAO and CSIRO are recruiting three key SKA-Low leadership positions:

  *   Head of Science Operations<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/AkFfCq71mwf8BWBv4uZo9ic?domain=recruitment.skao.int>
  *   Head of Computing and Software<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/r-EpCr81nyt8M9MONuznQpS?domain=jobs.csiro.au>
  *   Head of Engineering Operations<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ORIaCvl1rKi71X1ZBCzDywZ?domain=jobs.csiro.au>

International applicants are welcome with visa sponsorship provided where required. Applications close 30th January 2022.

Diversity and inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity of our society and are particularly keen to encourage applicants from across the STEM community to apply for these roles. Read more about the SKAO<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/1WEXCwV1vMfG6p6nOCKKzbv?domain=skatelescope.org> and CSIRO<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/c_c3CxngwOf18O8jGSR9NuV?domain=csiro.au> commitment to diversity and inclusion.

Both CSIRO and SKAO value and respect difference and are committed to building an inclusive culture where you can balance a successful career with your commitments and interests outside of work. We aim to create a welcoming environment where everyone feels they belong, and diverse perspectives and ideas thrive.

Please drop me a line if you want to find out more. I also encourage you to share this within your networks.

Thanks,
Sarah

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters in the areas where we live and work across Australia and the world. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.

Sarah Pearce
SKA Low Telescope Director
sarah.pearce at skao.int
+61 467 719212
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/uucLCyojxQTrDnD3jTAwLGz?domain=skao.int

The SKA Observatory is an inter-governmental organisation and the successor of SKA Organisation, a private limited company by guarantee registered in England and Wales with registered number 07881918, with a registered office of Jodrell Bank Observatory, Lower Withington, Macclesfield, Cheshire, England, SK11 9FT.

This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender, and immediately and permanently delete the email. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived, by Mimecast Ltd. Although SKA Observatory and SKA Organisation have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, neither SKA Observatory nor SKA Organisation accept responsibility for any loss or damage sustained as a result of computer viruses and the recipient must ensure that the email (and attachments) are virus free.