[ASA] New Vice-President of the ASA

John Lattanzio john.lattanzio at monash.edu
Sat Oct 2 12:40:11 AEST 2021

Dear Colleagues
   Our Vice-President Professor Lisa Kewley has resigned from her ASA role
due to increasing demands on her time. We are of course sad to lose someone
of her standing and experience, but we wish her well with future
opportunities.

   Your Council Exec has completed a search for a new VP to fill the Casual
Vacancy resulting from Lisa's resignation. We are pleased to announce that,
in accordance with Article 16 of the ASA Constitution, the ASA Council has
appointed Prof Joss Bland-Hawthorn as our new Vice-President, effective
immediately.

   Welcome Joss! And good luck Lisa!

   Regards to all. Stay well.

   John L

--
*I am an LGBTIQ Ally**      -     Find out more at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/KD_aCNLJyQU0koNrYim46yI?domain=monash.edu
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/xD_KCOMKzVTp13A9DUvHcZ8?domain=monash.edu>*

Professor John Lattanzio
President, Astronomical Society of Australia

School of Physics and Astronomy
Monash University Victoria 3800 AUSTRALIA

Ph:  +61 (0)3 9905-4428
WWW: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/LrjdCP7LAXfKzQ4rBi1OPxl?domain=users.monash.edu.au <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/SgQlCQnMBZfkv76EnSkqdGH?domain=maths.monash.edu.au>
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/KoDrCROND2uv4Nrkwiq3pSa?domain=orcid.org