[ASA] PhD Opportunities in Astronomy & Radio Astronomy Engineering at ICRAR, Curtin University node

Nicholas Seymour nick.seymour at curtin.edu.au
Fri Jul 9 11:20:03 AEST 2021

Dear Colleague,

[Please forward this to any interested students]

We invite well-qualified students of any nationality to apply to the PhD program at Curtin University's Institute of Radio Astronomy (CIRA) based in Perth, Australia. In support of the Square Kilometre Array (SKA), this program focuses on radio astronomy or radio astronomy engineering. We have a wide range of potential PhD projects to choose from <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/oyqdCyojxQTrjAwXnuZllPF?domain=astronomy.curtin.edu.au>.

CIRA forms one half of the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR), a joint venture between Curtin University and The University of Western Australia. Curtin University operates the Murchison Widefield Array <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Bf4vCzvkyVCMPOZgLiXsbkg?domain=mwatelescope.org> (MWA), the precursor to the low frequency component of the Square Kilometre Array <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/90vICANpgjCNmGX6Yc9oGDp?domain=skatelescope.org> (SKA), and supports a large research group spanning radio astronomy (galactic, extragalactic), pulsars, accretion physics, studies of the Epoch of Reionisation (EoR), and radio astronomy engineering research including significant participation in developing systems (hardware and software) for the SKA. This year has seen two important steps forward for the SKA, with the launch of the SKA Observatory as an intergovernmental organisation, and approval of construction of the SKA telescopes.

For further details on the scholarships please see our advert: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/thLdCBNqjlC7Zzr6ofjsUNo?domain=jobregister.aas.org <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/thLdCBNqjlC7Zzr6ofjsUNo?domain=jobregister.aas.org>

Please send any general enquiries to AppPhD_CIRA at curtin.edu.au <mailto:AppPhD_CIRA at curtin.edu.au>.

CIRA is committed to equity and diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.

Regards,

Nick

Dr Nick Seymour | CIRA

Curtin University