[ASA] Position vacant - Deputy/Science Director, Space & Astronomy, CSIRO

Bock, Douglas (S&A, Marsfield) Douglas.Bock at csiro.au
Wed Jun 23 15:15:55 AEST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

With Sarah Pearce moving to lead SKA’s low-frequency telescope in Australia, I am advertising for a Deputy/Science Director for Space and Astronomy, CSIRO.

Space and Astronomy within CSIRO has over 300 people working across Australia: managing the Australia Telescope National Facility, developing innovative radio astronomy instrumentation and conducting astrophysics research, preparing for SKA, operating space tracking facilities for NASA and ESA, and undertaking R&D in the space domain, including Earth observation.

The Deputy/Science Director works closely with the Director to oversee programs and activities within the business unit and to ensure the long-term success and growth of world-leading space & astronomy activity in Australia. The Deputy/Science Director provides scientific vision and cross-disciplinary leadership in areas relevant to their expertise, managing key relationships within and beyond CSIRO. They are a member of the CSIRO Science Council, deputising for the Director as required.

Location: Sydney, Canberra or Perth
Applications close: 30 July.

Find out more at Deputy/Science Director, Space & Astronomy <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Go8XCWLVXkU5vRPjMc6FAWY?domain=jobs.csiro.au>

Please get in touch if you are interested or would like to suggest candidates.

Regards

Dr Douglas Bock FTSE
Director
Space and Astronomy  | CSIRO
douglas.bock at csiro.au<mailto:douglas.bock at csiro.au>  |  +61 2 9372 4300  |  +61 457 552 777 (m)
Cnr Vimiera & Pembroke Roads, Marsfield NSW 2122
PO Box 76, Epping NSW 1710

CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and we pay our respects to their Elders past and present.

CSIRO Australia’s National Science Agency  |  csiro.au