[ASA] ASA Council 2021/2022

Cathryn Trott Cathryn.Trott at curtin.edu.au
Tue Jun 15 15:13:17 AEST 2021

Dear ASA members,

It is with pleasure that I can announce the members of the ASA Council for 2021/2022, who will commence their terms at the AGM on July 14, 2021. We received the same number of nominations as open positions, and therefore an election is not required.

Many thanks to our outgoing Council members, who have added immensely to the Society over their terms; Ilya Mandel, Elisabete da Cunha, Krzysztof Bolejko, and Dan Zucker. Krzysztof will continue on Council in the role of Acting Prizes and Awards Co-ordinator, while Tanya Hill is on leave.

Special thanks to Stu Wyithe, who will conclude his service to the Society, having served as Vice-President, President and Immediate Past President, and for driving the current Strategic Plan.

Regards,
Cathryn

ASA Council 2021/2022

John Lattanzio            President

Lisa Kewley             Vice President

Cathryn Trott            Immediate Past President

Yeshe Fenner             Treasurer

John O’Byrne             Secretary

Marc Duldig             Secretary

Michael Brown             Media and Outreach Co-ordinator

Stas Shabala             PASA editorial Board Chair

Tanya Hill             Prizes and Awards Co-ordinator (on leave)

Krzysztof Bolejko        Acting Prizes and Awards Co-ordinator

Matt Roth            Student Representative

Barbara Catinella         Councillor

Richard de Grijs        Councillor

Richard McDermid        Councillor

Bernhard Mueller        Councillor

Sarah Pearce            Councillor

Cathryn Trott

Associate Professor
ARC Future Fellow

President, Astronomical Society of Australia

ARC Centre of Excellence for All Sky Astrophysics in 3D (ASTRO 3D)

International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research
Curtin University
Bentley WA, Australia

cathryn.trott at curtin.edu.au