[ASA] Fwd: Request for Research Participation - Women in Leadership in Higher Education

Celine D'Orgeville celine.dorgeville at anu.edu.au
Tue Jun 1 19:01:05 AEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

If you are female or identify as a woman, please read on and consider participating in this survey by contacting Dr Heather Stewart (h.stewart at griffith.edu.au<mailto:h.stewart at griffith.edu.au>) or Ass Professor Deborah Delaney (debdelaney888 at gmail.com<mailto:debdelaney888 at gmail.com>) or Ass Professor Harsh Suri (harsh.suri at deakin.edu.au<mailto:harsh.suri at deakin.edu.au>).

Best regards,
**********************************
Professor Céline d’Orgeville
Australian National University Translational Fellow
Advanced Instrumentation and Technology Centre Deputy Director
ANU Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics
Mount Stromlo Observatory, Cotter Road, Weston Creek, ACT 2611, Australia
Phone:  +61 2 6125 6374   E-mail: celine.dorgeville at anu.edu.au<mailto:celine.dorgeville at anu.edu.au>
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ohymCOMKzVTpllnq8sEdzdv?domain=researchers.anu.edu.au
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/SuT2CP7LAXfK99Wywu04yQp?domain=spie.org
Pronouns: she/her

Exploring female leadership capability in times of Crisis
(GU Ref No:2021/022)

Thanks for taking the time to read this email. We are approaching you to help support our research into exploring your leadership journey in Higher Education (HE). What we ask of you is to participate in a conversation with the researcher/s. Through this conversation we would like to gain insights into your experience, stories and insights from working in HE. The focus is about you and your understanding as a female leader and how you have navigated the challenges.

These conversations will be recorded after gaining your consent and are aimed at lasting around 30-45 minutes, but can be shorter or longer as you feel necessary. All conversations will be in strict co-ordinance of current Queensland Health to comply with Covid19 restrictions at the time e.g. social distancing; masks. In the case where it will be more appropriate, the interview will be done virtually via Teams as supported by Griffith University. As soon as the conversations are completed your identification will be removed. Further anonymity will be generated in the analysis as we combine the recorded interviews and use various analysis tools. Your recorded conversation with the researcher will be treated with respect and held securely on Griffith University supported data storage.

Participation in this project will hold no personal benefit but will enhance the understanding of female leaders in HE and their experiences along with benefits and or challenges. In addition, we aim to take this project into academic publications to enhance understanding of female leaders navigating academia. This research is asking for voluntary participation whereby you can request to cease participation at any point

If you would like further information, please contact the chief investigators Dr Heather Stewart (h.stewart at griffith.edu.au<mailto:h.stewart at griffith.edu.au>) or Ass Professor Deborah Delaney (debdelaney888 at gmail.com<mailto:debdelaney888 at gmail.com>) or Ass Professor Harsh Suri (harsh.suri at deakin.edu.au<mailto:harsh.suri at deakin.edu.au>).

In anticipation of your contribution, thank-you for your time and participation.

Best regards,
Heather Stewart
Deborah Delaney
Harsh Suri
GU Ref No: 2020/022

Many thanks
Rose

Professor Rosemary Stockdale | Dean (Engagement)

Griffith Business School
Griffith University | Nathan campus | QLD 4111 | Business 1 (N50) Room 0.07
South Bank campus | QLD 4101 | Graduate Centre (SO7) Room 4.24
T +61 7 373 56497 | E r.stockdale at griffith.edu.au<mailto:r.stockdale at griffith.edu.au>

Administration Officer: Caitlin Patane |
T +61 7 373 58122 | E caitlin.patane at griffith.edu.au<mailto:caitlin.patane at griffith.edu.au>

[signature_1231299534]
Griffith University - CRICOS Provider Number 00233E

PRIVILEGED - PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you receive this email and you are not the addressee or responsible for delivery of the email to the addressee(s), please disregard the contents of the email, delete the mail and notify the author immediately.

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL