[ASA] Professor Virginia Kilborn - Swinburne's Inaugural Chief Scientist

Cathryn Trott Cathryn.Trott at curtin.edu.au
Fri May 21 16:30:30 AEST 2021

Dear ASA members,

Please join me in congratulating Swinburne Professor and former ASA President Virginia Kilborn on her appointment as Swinburne's inaugural Chief Scientist.

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/EFpPCVARKgCxzl83XtGtpJi?domain=swinburne.edu.au

The first role of its kind in Australia's universities, the Chief Scientist will help to develop and direct the scientific strategy of the university, providing leadership internally and building relationships externally.

Virginia's broad experience in shaping Australia's astronomy strategy over many years will serve her well to take on this exciting role across a wider range of science. We wish her the best!

Regards,
Cathryn

Cathryn Trott

Associate Professor
ARC Future Fellow

President, Astronomical Society of Australia

ARC Centre of Excellence for All Sky Astrophysics in 3D (ASTRO 3D)

International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research
Curtin University
Bentley WA, Australia

cathryn.trott at curtin.edu.au