[ASA] Fwd: Invitation to the RGCW conference meeting - First Announcement

Ray Norris raypnorris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 09:09:23 AEDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to the conference meeting:

"A new window on the radio emission from galaxies, clusters and cosmic web. Current status and new perspectives."

which will be held online in the second week of March 2021.

During the meeting we would like to revise and discuss together some of the relevant achievements obtained in the last years with both the next generation telescopes (e.g. JVLA, LOFAR, uGMRT, MeerKAT, ASKAP, MWA) and high performance computing in the radio emission from galaxies, clusters and cosmic web.
You can find all the useful information on this website <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/WDtJCgZ0N1i3JDYPTNWMT1?domain=sites.google.com>.

This meeting is associated with a Special Issue of the journal Galaxies (ISSN 2075-4434; indexed in Scopus and ESCI*—Web of Science, ADS*—Astrophysics Data System). All the Speakers are supposed to contribute with original papers or review articles but the submission is open to everybody. You can find a description of the Special Issue and the manuscript submission information here <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/D1MwCjZ1N7ir0VylcRfUX5?domain=mdpi.com>.

If you wish to participate in the meeting we kindly ask you to fill this google form <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/XhhOCk81N9tEvPqYhQKSHP?domain=docs.google.com> before January 12th, 2021. Please, fill the form even if you are not planning to contribute with a talk. This will help in organizing the meeting. Participants will be informed on the status of their contributed talks within February 8th, 2021 and will have to confirm their attendance no later than February 10th, 2021. The agenda will be published soon after this deadline on the website, taking into account the contributors' time zone.

We hope we will be able to accomodate all the proposed talks during the meeting. However, if this will not be possible, the proposed contributions could still be considered for publication by the Editorial Office of Galaxies.

You may submit your manuscript any time from now until the deadline, which is 30th September 2021. We can organize a very fast peer-review, and once accepted, the paper will be published immediately. Submitted papers should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. The fee of publication of your paper will be *free*. Authors are also encouraged to send a short abstract or tentative title to the Editorial Office in advance (galaxies at mdpi.com <mailto:galaxies at mdpi.com>).

We are at your disposal for further clarifications.

Thank you for your attention and time.

SOC

Francesca Loi, Tiziana Venturi, Marisa Brienza, Ettore Carretti, Simona Giacintucci, Ruta Kale.

Guest Editors

Francesca Loi and Tiziana Venturi.

P.S. You might have received a similar invitation for a Special Issue with the title "Peculiar Manifestation of the Non-Thermal Component Inside and Outside Galaxy Clusters" or "Radio Observations of Galaxy Clusters and Radio Galaxies Within". These have been proposed independently several months ago, incidentally on the same topic. When we noticed it, we agreed to put our effort into one single Special Issue, which is the one that we proposed to you in this mail.