[ASA] COSPAR2021 Update

Michael Ireland michael.ireland at anu.edu.au
Fri Oct 9 14:00:52 AEDT 2020

Dear ASA members,

Many of you would have already heard that the Committee on Space Research (COSPAR) international conference is now a hybrid conference, with Australian participants still able to attend in person, with almost all international participants being virtual. This is the first ever COSPAR scientific assembly held in Australia, with updated dates 28 Jan to 4 Feb of a Sydney meeting with a much reduced number of in-person attendees.

New abstracts can be added before 11 October, and existing abstracts can be updated. For details, see:

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ns7NCnx1jni4AEg9t94y3U?domain=cospar2020.org

Repeating my message from earlier in the year: what many of you may not realise is that there is a very significant astrophysics component to these meetings. Of the 8 Scientific Commissions, commission E is solely astrophysics, and commissions B, C, E and H have significant astrophysics components.

Of course, we are living in very uncertain times, even within Australia. The presenter early bird registration isn’t due until 30 November, and I personally remain hopeful to be able to make at least a probable decision on attendance by this time.

Kind Regards,

Mike.

—
A/Prof. Michael IRELAND
Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics
Australian National University
Office: +61 2 6125 0288 Mobile: +61 424 228579 Skype: mike_ireland github: mikeireland