[ASA] Domestic PhD scholarships at Macquarie University

Joanne Dawson joanne.dawson at mq.edu.au
Wed Sep 23 10:42:22 AEST 2020

Dear all,

Applications are now open for domestic PhD scholarships at Macquarie University.

Scholarships are available for a range of PhD projects in astronomy, astrophysics and astronomical instrumentation. For a list of current projects and entry requirements, see here:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/3SrRCp81lrt4YMNphPWE0A?domain=mq.edu.au

Macquarie University’s astronomy and astrophysics research group ranks among the best in Australia. We offer Doctoral and Masters by Research degrees on topics ranging from exoplanets to distant galaxies, star formation to stellar death, the evolution and origin of our Milky Way Galaxy, the design and fabrication of astronomical instrumentation, and much more. Many projects are offered through Australian Astronomical Optics, which has a major node (AAO Macquarie) on campus, or offered jointly with CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science (CASS), who operate Australia’s national radio astronomical observatories.

Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis, and cover fees and a tax-free living allowance of AU$28,092 per year.

To apply: Please email astrohdrinfo at mq.edu.au<mailto:astrohdrinfo at mq.edu.au> and attach undergraduate and Masters level transcripts, a short CV, and some information about yourself and any projects you might be interested in. We will connect you with the relevant supervisors, who can mentor you through the application process.

Deadline for email expressions of interest: 21st October 2020
University deadline for domestic scholarship applications: 31st October 2020

Cheers,

Jo.

Dr Joanne Dawson
Senior Lecturer in Astronomy & Astrophysics | Research Scientist
Macquarie University | CSIRO Astronomy & Space Science
Deputy Director HDR & MRes Y2 Advisor for Physics and Astronomy
Dept of Physics & Astronomy, Macquarie University, NSW 2109
Phone: +61 2 9850 8901 | +61 2 9372 4441