[ASA] STA Diverse by Design Webinar Sept. 22

asa idea asa.ideastronomy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 13:43:58 AEST 2020

Please see the information below on the upcoming webinar:

*Don’t miss this webinar on equity, diversity and inclusion in STEM!*

In the STEM sector (and in wider society), reconciliation, diversity and
inclusion is not just the right thing to do – it’s the smart thing to do.

But there’s a difference between doing diversity – and doing diversity
well. It’s important to have programs that work and buy-in at all levels.

In this webinar, we will take you through why equity, diversity and
inclusion (EDI) matter – both in science and broader society. We’ll talk
about the lived experiences of disadvantaged groups, how STEM organisations
can advance their EDI work, and practical examples to guide your efforts.
*In this session, you’ll gain insights on:*

   - The importance of the big picture: having a holistic strategy, not
   just a piecemeal approach
   - The business case for EDI: how and why it benefits whole
   organisations, not just individuals
   - Having everyone at the table: the importance of leadership from the
   top AND listening to those who need help
   - Practical resources and templates to help you in your work.

*When: *22 September, 11am - 12pm
*Cost: *$55 - $88

Register here:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/DqyxCZY1NqiKyBOBIzWNt8?domain=sta.eventsair.com
ASA Members should qualify for the $55 registration fee.

Kind regards,

*The IDEA Chapter Steering Committee*
asa-idea.org