[ASA] AAO-Macquarie Vacation Scholarship Program
andrew.hopkins at mq.edu.au
Tue Aug 11 15:07:53 AEST 2020
Announcing the AAO-Macquarie Vacation Scholarship Program
Australian Astronomical Optics Macquarie provides opportunities for undergraduate students completing their 2nd or 3rd year in 2020 to participate in research projects in the areas of
- Astronomy research
- Technology research
- Instrumentation control software
- Data processing and analysis software and algorithms
- Instrumentation simulations and computing
- Data services development
Students will spend 10-12 weeks in the period Dec 2020 - Feb 2021 working at AAO-MQ in Sydney on research projects under the supervision of AAO-MQ staff astronomers, data scientists, and engineers.
Please encourage your undergraduate students to apply.
The deadline for applications is:
*** 31 August 2020 ***
The scholarship is A$500 per week.
How to Apply
Applications are to be sent by e-mail to the AAO-MQ Vacation Scholarship coordinator Prof. Andrew Hopkins at andrew.hopkins at mq.edu.au<mailto:andrew.hopkins at mq.edu.au>. Please send your application as a single Word or PDF document. The application should include the following:
- Full name and contact address (it is essential to include an e-mail address).
- Full details of university studies, including a transcript of academic record.
- Names and e-mail addresses of TWO academic referees who have been asked to e-mail letters to Prof. Hopkins by the application deadline, outlining the applicant's suitability for this scholarship program. We do not chase up late referees, and missing references can hinder your chances of selection.
- A one page statement giving the applicant's reasons for applying and their interests in Astronomy/Astrophysics/Instrumentation. If you have
prior research experience, computing skills, or other skills associated with astronomy or research, please emphasise these.
- A short resume (2-3 pages).
Please contact Andrew Hopkins with any queries about the program or the application process.
Prof. Andrew Hopkins, Professor of Astronomy
Australian Astronomical Optics, Macquarie University
105 Delhi Rd, North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia
+61 2 9372 4849
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASA