[ASA] AusSRC Director

Peter Quinn peter.quinn at uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 11 13:54:02 AEDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

The University of Western Australia (UWA) is currently advertising for a Director of the Australian SKA Regional Centre (AusSRC https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/8TgHCOMxNytpAR36lSEHurA?domain=aussrc.org). The SKA Observatory is currently coordinating the creation of a global network of SKA Regional Centres that will provide the processing, data access, data curation, interfaces and tools needed to deliver science outcomes for the SKA community from the flow of SKA1 data. A design study is currently underway for the creation of an Australian SKA Regional Centre through a collaboration of ICRAR and CSIRO with engagement from the Pawsey Supercomputer Centre, Astronomy Australia Limited and the ASKAP and MWA SKA precursors. The AusSRC design study will lay the ground work for a future operational AusSRC and its close integration into a global SRC network over this decade. The AusSRC Director will run the AusSRC study and lay the long-term foundations of the AusSRC working with national and international partners and the Commonwealth.

Full details of this opportunity can be found at: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/QfH5CP7yOZtK4GQ79f0r-zr?domain=external.jobs.uwa.edu.au

The closing date for applications is 17 April 2020.

UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050. We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered. UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).
Please forward this advertisement on to colleagues you think may be interested.

regards
Peter

Professor Peter Quinn
Executive Director, ICRAR

Ph: +61 8 6488 4553
Mobile: +61 414 185 052

Executive Assistant: Yolandie McDade | Yolandie McDade<mailto:yolandie.mcdade at icrar.org> | +61 6488 1549

[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/-goaCQnzP0tk6A75gSMuf0R?domain=s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com]
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/SNURCROAQotvrmNAoFOLTIY?domain=icrar.org>www.icrar.org<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/dhuMCVAGXPtxlwMDmsQKVk1?domain=icrar.org>    Subscribe to our eNewsletter<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/MrX7CWLJY7i5j90AZSpSja8?domain=icrar.org>    ICRAR on Twitter<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Mf1LCXLKZoiXn5mxjT7yuW3?domain=twitter.com>   ICRAR on Facebook <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Dr5cCYWL1viL315zmFjx0an?domain=facebook.com>