[ASA] PASA Editorial Board

Cathryn Trott Cathryn.Trott at curtin.edu.au
Thu Dec 5 09:56:29 AEDT 2019

Dear ASA Members,

I'd like to announce the incoming Editorial Board Chair of PASA, Dr Stanislav Shabala from the University of Tasmania. Stas will assume the role on February 1, 2020, when the current Chair Professor Melanie Johnston-Hollitt steps down. Melanie will remain on the Editorial Board as an Associate Editor to ensure a smooth transition.

On behalf of the membership, and ASA Council, I would like to thank Melanie for her dedicated work to support and improve the journal over her two-year term as Chair. In this time, she has overseen:

  *   Improvements in the interface between Overleaf and PASA, and interface to ScholarOne
  *   Increased impact factor to 4.878
  *   Increased number of submitted papers, and published number of pages
  *   Introduction of ORCID requirement, making publication tracking more straightforward
  *   Increased ECR referee representation, through a call to community.

This is a challenging time for all journals, and Society journals operate under a very tight budget. PASA's impact factor and high-impact publications over the past several years are evidence of the quality and dedication of the Editorial Board.

We welcome Stas to the role in 2020, and hope the membership continues to support our excellent Society journal.

Regards,
Cathryn

Cathryn Trott

Associate Professor
ARC Future Fellow

President, Astronomical Society of Australia

ARC Centre of Excellence for All Sky Astrophysics in 3D (ASTRO 3D)

International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research
Curtin University
Bentley WA, Australia

cathryn.trott at curtin.edu.au