[ASA] IAU 100th birthday - Australia

Cathryn Trott Cathryn.Trott at curtin.edu.au
Tue Nov 19 14:20:43 AEDT 2019

Dear ASA Members,

I wanted to share with you a new video just posted by the IAU to celebrate its 100 years. Each member country was asked to prepare a short "Happy Birthday IAU!" video featuring contributions to astronomy from their country over the century. This is Australia's contribution.

The video was financially supported by the Department of Innovation, Industry and Science (DIIS), the ASA, and ICRAR. Contributions to the video were sought from the community, and we thank those who contributed material. The video was produced by Red Empire Media and project managed by Pete Wheeler—Australia's Outreach representative to the IAU—with editorial direction from the ASA and DIIS.

I hope you find it inspiring, and a great testament to Australia's contributions to astronomy.

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/PFoHCq7BKYtAGPYEuZwFEB?domain=youtube.com

Regards,
Cathryn

Cathryn Trott

Associate Professor
ARC Future Fellow

President, Astronomical Society of Australia

ARC Centre of Excellence for All Sky Astrophysics in 3D (ASTRO 3D)

International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research
Curtin University
Bentley WA, Australia

cathryn.trott at curtin.edu.au