[ASA] Mid-Term Review: Radio Astronomy Community Consultation Workshops

Heald, George (CASS, Kensington WA) George.Heald at csiro.au
Thu Aug 29 19:12:38 AEST 2019

Dear colleagues,

As part of the Mid-Term Review (MTR) of the Decadal Plan for Australian astronomy, we are undertaking a short series of workshops to engage with, and gather input from, the community. These workshops will be hosted in both Perth and Sydney:

Wednesday, 11 September, 10:30-15:00 AWST: ARRC Auditorium (Perth)
Friday, 13 September, 11:00-15:30 AEST: ATNF Marsfield Lecture Theatre (Sydney)

Workshops will include brief update presentations from key Australian radio astronomy facilities, followed by structured discussion time with a focus on SKA and Pathfinders, and informing the production of a white paper that will be submitted to the MTR Committee and published online. We invite all interested parties to join us in person or remotely. Local logistics and remote connection details will be provided closer to the date. Lunch will be provided.

Please register your interest via this webform before Friday, 6 September:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/0gS3Cvl0PoC9W74WhQ_pC6?domain=forms.gle

George Heald

George Heald

CSIRO Science Leader

CASS/Perth ATNF Science Team Leader

W https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/dI9bCwVLQmijLGPLiqeesk?domain=people.csiro.au

E george.heald at csiro.au T +61 8 6436 8758

26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151, Australia