[ASA] 4 Sept. 2019: Optical Facilities Mid-Term Review Town Hall

Andrew Hopkins andrew.hopkins at mq.edu.au
Thu Aug 29 14:40:14 AEST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

  Here is a minor update to the schedule for the town hall next Wednesday. ESO has been added explicitly (thanks Matthew for volunteering), and Chris Tinney has agreed to moderate the panel discussion, with an introduction reviewing the MTR process.

9:30am Arrival and coffee/tea
10:00   Welcome: Andrew Hopkins
10:05   AAO Consortium activities, 5 year plan, and priorities: Mark Casali, Anna Moore, Julia Bryant
11:00   European Southern Observatory (ESO) and Giant Magellan Telescope (GMT): Matthew Colless
11:25   Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST): Sarah Brough
11:40   Maunakea Spectroscopic Explorer (MSE): Andrew Hopkins
11:55   Astronomy from Antarctica: Michael Ashley
12:10   Lunch
1:10pm Review of MTR process: Chris Tinney (MTR rep)
1:20pm Moderated discussion to set priorities. Moderator: Chris Tinney
3:00pm Close

Andrew