[ASA] Call for QueersInScience State Champions

Deanne Fisher dfisher at swin.edu.au
Wed Aug 21 18:00:58 AEST 2019

Hello All,

QueersInScience has  recently received funding from the Academy of Science to expand our organisation by creating a National Network of LGBTQIA+ identified people working in STEMM. We are currently looking for two champions from each state to join the steering committee<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/GttBCzvOWKiZX9q4s4yoGP?domain=science.org.au> (applications close August 25th).

In Victoria we have had a highly positive response to QueersInScience events, including a recent LGBT-STEMM symposium in which over 200 people attended. If you are interested in being involved in your state I strongly encourage you to submit an expression of interest.  I am also hoping that you will pass on this information to the appropriate people within your organisation who will be able to get this out to as many people as possible.

Information about the EOI for QueersInScience can be found here:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/GttBCzvOWKiZX9q4s4yoGP?domain=science.org.au

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Thanks very much,

Dr. Deanne B. Fisher

Deputy Director & ARC Future Fellow
Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
Swinburne University
Phone: +61 (0)3 9214 4996
email: dfisher at swin.edu.au<mailto:dfisher at swin.edu.au>