[ASA] Register for the Australasian Leadership Computing Symposium 2019

Chris Power chris.power at uwa.edu.au
Tue Jul 16 17:24:39 AEST 2019

Hi all,

If your research involves high performance computing (HPC) and high performance data (HPD), please consider registering for the first Australasian Leadership Computing Symposium (see below) in Canberra this coming November (Tuesday 5th to Friday 8th). The core theme will be “Connecting for our High Performance Future”.

Astronomy will be one of the research streams represented; there will be a mix of speakers from Australia and overseas, and a number of hands-on sessions are planned. This is a particularly timely meeting, given that our community is now engaged in the mid-term review of the Decadal Plan, and there will be a forum to discuss future opportunities. Free training in HPC and HPD will be coordinated and led by NCI and the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre on Tuesday, November 5th.

Note that the deadline for abstract submission is 16th August.

Of note for WA-based researchers:- we have funding (courtesy of the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre) to support travel and accommodation. If you are interested, please get in touch.

Cheers,

Chris

Begin forwarded message: