[ASA] 2nd announcement ASA ASM 2019: Talk abstract deadline 30 APRIL 2019

Tamara Davis tamarad at physics.uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 17 07:51:50 AEST 2019

Dear Astronomical Society of Australia,
Turns out that shortly after we sent the second announcement last week for the ASA Annual Scientific Meeting (7-12 July) and Harley Wood School for Astronomy (4-7 July), our website crashed.  Sorry about that!  It is back up and running, so if you had trouble registering last week, here’s the link again: https://research.smp.uq.edu.au/asa2019/

We’ve got some great events planned including an “unconference” session where the participants get to interactively plan the program, a new format for the town hall sessions, and a new “sports social and BBQ” event for mingling/networking/fun (sports will include Chess, Connect-4, Bocce, Frisbee, Soccer… so something for everyone!).  We’ll also have some discussion of the mid-term review of the Decadal Plan for Australian Astronomy.  The Sunday welcome reception is at the Queensland Library — right beside the river, and the dinner is in the beautiful new Howard Smith Wharf precinct.  All included in the registration fee.

We are really looking forward to hosting you here in Queensland, so get your registrations in!  The registration early bird deadline and the abstract submission deadline for talks are both April 30. The abstract submission deadline for posters is May 31.

All the best,
Tamara (Chair of the SOC), Holger (Chair of the LOC), Josh (Chair of the HWSA)

:: Professor Tamara Davis :: School of Mathematics and Physics
:: The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
:: tamarad at physics.uq.edu.au<mailto:tamarad at physics.uq.edu.au> :: +61 432 526 989 :: @tamarastro