[ASA] High-Performance Computing (HPC) Survey

Robert Shen robert.shen at astronomyaustralia.org.au
Tue Apr 16 12:05:55 AEST 2019

Dear All,

The High Performance Computing (HPC) working group of the Astronomy
Australia Limited (AAL) Science Advisory Committee (ASAC) is undertaking a
survey of past, present, and future HPC usage by the Australian
astronomical community. This crucial information will help ASAC assess the
community’s future astronomical HPC and high performance data (HPD) needs,
and will impact how ASAC advises AAL accordingly. The results will also
inform directly the mid-term review of the Decadal Plan.

This survey aims to capture accurately the diversity of our community’s
HPC/HPD usage, and so it encompasses both the end users whose research
programmes depend on data processed on HPC facilities, and the traditional
users that work directly on HPC/HPD facilities to carry out e.g.
theoretical simulations or processing of observational data.

*Survey URL:* https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/hpcsurvey_au

*If this reflects your research programme, we ask you to complete this
short survey by COB on Friday, 3 May 2019. *
We look forward to your responses.
Many thanks,
Robert Shen & Chris Power, and on behalf of the ASAC HPC WG of Tamara
Davis, Christoph Federrath, and John Lattanzio