[ASA] ASA delegates for Science meets Parliament 2019

Marc Duldig marc.duldig at utas.edu.au
Wed Mar 20 12:24:48 AEDT 2019

Dear ASA members,

The 20th annual Science meets Parliament (SmP) event will be held on 13-14 August 2019 and the ASA has 2 places made available to us from Science and Technology Australia (STA). See the promo information from STA below.

Feedback from previous years has been extremely positive. We are offering members, in particular ECRs with an interest in future leadership and policy development, the opportunity to attend.

If you'd like to attend SmP this year, please email me by Friday 12th April with a brief 1-paragraph justification. This date is selected to allow the early bird registration deadline to be met. ASA council will review the applications and select 2 applicants to attend. The ASA will be able to cover reasonable travel costs, plus the registration fee for the 2 supported attendees.

Cheers

Marc Duldig
ASA Joint Secretary

marc.duldig at utas.edu.au<mailto:marc.duldig at utas.edu.au>

[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/SKT3ClxwB5CWQNKGSGGcyu?domain=gallery.mailchimp.com]

This year is an important year to engage with Parliamentarians, particularly with
a Federal Election due in the first half of 2019. That's why we're excited to
announce registrations are open for the 20th anniversary Science meets
Parliament in Canberra on 13-14 August.

Science meets Parliament's program features national and international experts
and practitioners from across the spectrum of political engagement. The event
will support experts from across the nation to connect directly with
parliamentarians to enhance understanding of how science contributes to
Australia's health, environment, wealth and wellbeing.

Join us and work alongside passionate and curious colleagues from across the
STEM sector towards our mutual mission of enhancing the role, reputation and
impact of science and technology in Australia.

Help shape a stronger future for the nation, register for Science meets
Parliament today!

___________

Dr Marc Duldig
School of Natural Sciences
University of Tasmania
Private Bag 37
Hobart Tas 7000

Mobile: + 61 (0)421 757 285
Email: marc.duldig at utas.edu.au<mailto:marc.duldig at utas.edu.au>

Astronomical Society of Australia, Secretary
Tasmanian Radiation Advisory Council, Member
Australian Institute of Physics, Former President