[ASA] Registration Open for ASA EPOC Workshop (Dec 5,6 Perth)

Michael Fitzgerald psyfitz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:16:07 AEDT 2018

Dear ASA Members,

*Registration* is *now open* for the biennial Education and Public Outreach
Chapter (EPOC) (asaepoc.org) Workshop in Perth, at ICRAR, UWA on December
the 5th (Wednesday) and the 6th (Thursday) 2018. This is the second EPO
chapter workshop, the first of which was held in 2016.

*Registration* is *free*, via the webform on the workshop page:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/oKz0CVAGXPt7yYBDiGnv-J?domain=icrar.org

While registration is free, we would like to know about numbers of
attendees and their dietary, access and child care considerations ahead of
time in order to plan adequately.

While we have much planned for the workshop already, we are also
considering any and all suggestions for presentations or sessions of any
description, which can be submitted to asaepoc at gmail.com at any point.

To receive the latest updates about this workshop, please check you are
subscribed to the EPOC mailing list using the short form on the righthand
side of the asaepoc.org website.

The workshop will be a combination of invited talks as well as practical
workshops, panel discussions, roundtables and planning meetings for members
of the ASA to update, expand and improve EPO practice, both their own and
astronomy in general. The general themes are presented here:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/9uxtCWLJY7i2qV3Acx3OPQ?domain=icrar.org

On the Friday (7th) there will also be an optional tour to the Gravity
Discovery Centre. The day before the workshop (Tuesday the 4th of
December), the Science Teacher Association of Western Australia is running
it’s annual “Future Science” conference (
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/D1LpCXLKZoi1KWAxCD0uDR?domain=stawa.net at Murdoch University for those
who might be interested.

For more information, please visit the official workshop page:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/oKz0CVAGXPt7yYBDiGnv-J?domain=icrar.org

Regards,

Michael Fitzgerald
Chair, ASA Education and Public Outreach Chapter

--
Michael Fitzgerald
ARC DECRA Research Fellow
Email: mfitzasp at gmail.com