[ASA] Applications are now open for ICRAR¹s 2018 Summer Studentship Program!

Cass Rowles cassandra.rowles at uwa.edu.au
Thu Aug 2 16:18:57 AEST 2018

Good afternoon all,

We’re searching for eight talented undergraduate students to join us over summer to work in astronomy (including, theory, simulations or observational), radio astronomy engineering or data intensive astronomy (ICT). Each studentship comes with a $7,600 scholarship and interstate/NZ students also receive airfares and a 50% accommodation subsidy. Four of our studentships are offered in partnership with the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre for computational astronomy/data intensive astronomy projects.

Please encourage your undergraduate students to apply.

Applications close on the 30th August.
Studentships are expected to begin on the 26th of November and will consist of ten weeks work and a two week (paid) christmas break. Dates and timing can be flexible for successful students.

More details, including an indicative list of projects and the application form are at: www.icrar.org/studentships
Please also see the attached poster for further information. Feel free to print it out for noticeboards in your department if appropriate.

Thank you!

Cass Rowles

Cosmic Communicator

Ph: +61 8 6488 7768

[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/dAWOC1WZXri58Z88cLmMVW?domain=s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com]
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/lOvYC2xZYvCO7m77c1K4og?domain=icrar.org>www.icrar.org<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/hZu7C3Q8Z2F0Z4ZZu2yIZu?domain=icrar.org> | Subscribe to our eNewsletter<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/iYhGC4QZ1RF3r8rrsWXasT?domain=icrar.org> | ICRAR on Twitter<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/2vMBC5QZ29F4AlAATxx3Je?domain=twitter.com> | ICRAR on Facebook <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/KW_iC6X13Rt8XWXXtLfLu-?domain=facebook.com>